RICHARD L. MIGA
Livonia, Michigan 48152
An information processing architect and engineering professional
with extensive experience and:
- Proven ability to manage, direct, focus and work with
people to attain project objectives,
- Believes that PEOPLE are an organizations most
important asset and values their professional skills, talents, time and career
- Understands that improving business PROCESSES will
- Proven ability to effectively identify, select and
apply information processing technologies,
- Knows the value of proactive, strategic/tactical
planning, is focused on the future and has an optimistic, positive attitude.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
Research & Development
Tactile and strategic Planning
IT Product evaluation & Selection
Business, Engineering & Manufacturing Systems
Business Process Re-Engineering
Electronic Document & Image Management
Business Plan & Budget generation
DTE Energy, Information Processing
- Identified, selected and directed implementation of
new enterprise based technologies as member of CTO Organization.
- Defined Strategic/Tactical direction for corporate
Knowledge Ecology/Management initiative.
- Architect and planner of corporate Financial
Systems Program and Recoverability Center.
Synergistic Solutions, Owner and
General Partner (Founded 1983), 1983-Present
- Developed project plan and approach for a Data
Warehouse for a health insurance provider.
- Created an investment trust tracking and decision
facilitation system which resulted in 32% growth of trust assets in one
- Established independent consultancy firm to
service various small businesses.
- Created and defined IN=>ACTS framework as
communication tool for consultancy efforts.
- Developed 3 software products.
Sirco Associates, Inc., IT Architect/Planner to Detroit Edison,
- Architect and planner of Client/Server
customer service & billing system for energy utility to service 3 million
plus customers in de-regulated environment.
- Defined tactical/strategic direction for use
of inter/intranet, document/image management, Client/server technologies, and
Year 2000 for utility based systems.
Cimage Corporation, Project Manager,
Senior Application Engineer, 1993-1994 (a)
- Managed, designed, staged, and implemented multiple
multi million dollar projects which implemented Client/Server Electronic
Document Management technology and systems in major corporations in the
utilities, petrochemical and manufacturing businesses.
- Developed and instituted a project management
methodology process to insure successful Electronic Document Management
System (EDMS) integration.
Computer Methods Corp.,
Contractor/Consultant To Ford Motor Corporation, 1990-1991(b)
- Managed, designed, developed and implemented a PC/LAN
based lower CASE system (PVCS) which provided complete software
version/revision control for multi million dollar project.
World Computer Corp., Manager
Product Assurance, 1989-1990 (c)
- Managed a Product Assurance department and
directed staff of 14 which verified all software product elements and releases
resulting in $150,000 annual savings.
- Managed successful conclusion of Intercept Processor
software product development which broadened the product line and increased
company revenues by $500,000.
NT/BNR, Project Manager, Software
Development Environment, 1987-1988 (d)
- Deployed a $1.2 Million Software Development
Environment which improved software development productivity
GM/EDS, Manager, Advanced
Engineering, Communications Service Division, 1984-1986 (e)
- Proposed redesign and strategic integration of GM and
EDS information resources onto a private world wide packet based resource to
provide 50% reduction of operating costs.
- Developed service and rate schedule for internal
private packet network providing annual billing opportunities of $1.5 Million.
- Evaluated information processing companies to
determine if equity position or strategic alliance would be advantageous.
Bendix (Allied) Corp., Corporate
Manager Engineering Network Services, Executive Offices, 1978-1983 (f)
- Managed team (5 direct and 12 in-direct reports)
which created a corporate wide, distributed multi-vendor (DEC, IBM, HP)
engineering and manufacturing resource which reduced operating costs and
improve productivity by 30%.
- Designed, developed and integrated a computer based
expert system which reduced geartrain product development time by 80%.
- Managed software team which proved feasibility of a
three-dimensional image, cockpit display system and resulted in a new Avionics
Notes: (a) Bankrupt, (b) Blanket contractor
to Ford, (c) Merger with EDS, (d) Facility Closed, (e) Merger with EDS, (f)
Merger with Allied
PROCESSING TOOLS /KNOWLEDGE
Management, Sybase, Oracle, Foxbase, CompuServe, Inter/Intanet, Lotus
Approach, Notes, Epicenteric
Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus SmartSuite, Microsoft Project, EASYCase,
Designer, Symphony, ABT Project WorkBench, CAD/CAM, Perfect Office Suite,
FEA, FMEA, File Conversion tools, Internet browsers, WordScan, MYM,
Visio, MS FrontPage, DreamWeaver, Quicken, BEA WebLogic, XML
PC's, DEC, DG, HP,
IBM, Sun, Windows 3, Windows 95, NT, VMS, MVS, UNIX, DOS, OS2, FORTRAN,
BASIC, C, DCL, Symphony/Lotus Macro, CCMail, AppWare, HTML, J2EE
Novell, NT, ISO
Model, TCP/IP, DECnet, SNA, Packet Switching, Ethernet, Token Ring, ISDN
Web Services, 802.11b,g, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI
CASE Tools, Oracle
Designer/Developer 2000, Microsoft PWB, PVCS, PROMOD, Data WorkBench, APT
WorkBench, Teamwork, BEA Workshop, CMM, Configuration Management
- Richard L. Miga, "IN=>ACTS: A Framework For Success and Survival",
October 1995, International NUI Conference
- Richard L. Miga, W. Binroth and R.K. Haboush, "Reliability And
Availability Concepts and Analysis Results For The Paint Spray Robot System",
Bendix Technical Publication, July 1977.
- Richard L. Miga, "A Method To Determine Percent Structural Error
Detectability Of Self-Test Software", SAE Aerospace Control and Guidance
Systems Proceeding, March 1977.
- Richard L. Miga, M. D. Freedman, M. T. Gale, and J. M. Idelsohn, "A
Computer Aided Interactive Graphics System For The Design Of Geartrains",
Society Of Manufacturing Engineers, 1976.
BSEE, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
Bendix Executive Skills Training Program (BEST)
Executive Problem Analysis and Decision Making (Kepner/Tregoe).
Licensed trainer for "Mastering Meetings For Results".
Patent Law Courses.
Airman's Pilot License (Private).
District Technology Steering Committee & Strategic Planning Team, Livonia Public Schools
Engineering Society Of Detroit Ambassador
Fund Raiser, Angela Hospice, Earth Angels
Skiing, Golf, Racquetball, Theater, Music